Upgrading your windows is worth the consideration, as older windows can lose up to 30% of residential heating and cooling energy. While window replacements can be a good investment for some, the upfront costs can be high, and there’s no guarantee they will match your home’s aesthetic and charm.
A cheap and efficient way to upgrade the performance of your windows is to purchase indoor window inserts. At Windows Interior, we are the leading Indow® Window Inserts dealer in Boston and Los Angeles. We are here to listen and provide solutions tailored to your specific needs.
Below, we will explain how to upgrade your windows without replacing them and why indoor window inserts are one of the best available options.
What Are Window Replacement Alternatives?
Before you upgrade your windows, it’s best to consider all of your options, including indoor window inserts. Here are a few alternatives worth exploring:
- Add shutters: You can give your home additional style and curb appeal by adding shutters. But that’s not all they will do. Shutters can also act as a window insulation system, including weather protection and added security.
- Change up your blinds, draperies, and curtains: Having shades and curtains on your windows can make them seem purely decorative, but they often serve other purposes. During summer, closing your draperies and curtains can reduce heat in your home. And in the winter months, conventional draperies can help you reduce heat loss in warm rooms.
- Repair old or damaged windows: If you have an older home, your windows likely came with wooden frames. Over time, moisture, mold, and other elements build up that ultimately destroy the wood. Repairing the wooden frame can help your windows work like new and prevent future damage.
Indoor Window Inserts
Indoor window inserts are a cost-effective solution to the other three options above. They fit next to your current windows, creating an air pocket that increases your original window’s insulating power.
The indoor window insert is comprised of energy-efficient glass that fits into a compression frame, allowing it to pop in and out of the interior frame. When you need to open a window, you can take the insert out and easily reinstall it.
Benefits of Indoor Window Inserts
In addition to providing a cost-effective solution, indoor window inserts also come with several advantages. These include:
- Noise mitigation: Window inserts can help insulate your home from disruptive exterior noise. The same gaps that permit drafts permit sounds. Ultimately, there’s no better solution for noise reduction.
- Maintaining your home’s integrity: Indoor window inserts do not alter the appearance of your home, allowing you to maintain your home’s charm.
- Controlling condensation: The inserts control condensation on windows, limiting other types of moisture and mold that can grow on the frame.
- Light blocking: Window inserts boast significant light-blocking properties, especially UV-blocking inserts. These inserts block 98% of UV rays, which is critical since they can damage furniture and wood flooring, causing them to fade.
Request a Quote from Windows Interior
You don’t need to replace the windows in your home to optimize their performance. Instead, purchasing high-quality indoor window inserts like Indow Window Inserts is an affordable and cost-effective solution.
At Windows Interior, we are the leading Indow Window Insert dealer in Los Angeles and Boston. We listen to our customers and work to find the perfect solution for your needs. Each customer is treated like family, and we only work to provide the best for you.
Request a quote now!